Planning to have a baby is exciting, whether it’s your first pregnancy or you already have children.
Research tells us that if you are fit and well before pregnancy, your baby is likely to be healthy. It’s important to think about your diet, exercise, and mental health.
Here are some of the things you can do now as part of getting #ReadyforPregnancy.
- Getting more active
- Eating a range of healthy foods
- Finding what works for you for your mental wellbeing
- Take vitamin D and folic acid every day
- Get NHS support to quit smoking
- Reduce or cut out alcohol
- Learn about breastfeeding
- Make a GP appointment to discuss the implications for pregnancy for any existing health condition
In this video from Tommy's women interviewed are asked how they would plan for pregnancy